I think it's best to take advice, especially career advice from people who have similiar values and outlooks to ourselves. That means, if you are looking for a quick fix, scripts to follow, or hiring cheats, you should look elsewhere. I don't teach that.
If you understand that your career is part of who you are, and an expression of your skills, values and interests, you are welcome here. I will show you how to figure out what you're awesome at & which work is right for you. And, once we know that, we can work on figuring out how to land you ideal work that you love and pays you incredibly well.
I'm not interested in helping you land any job, I'm here to help you figure out and land the right work for you.
Here's what I believe are the new rules of work. In order to have an awesome career, you must:
- Remember to take time to build mindfulness in a way that works best for you.
- Share stories. Big ones, small ones, smart ones, and silly ones.
- Know your values and go for roles that are appropriate for your disposition.
- Be alert and pay attention to shifts in the company and world culture. Be aware of potential skills gaps and address them before they address you.
- Remember that work is bigger than just what you need, that as much as possible your work contributes to making the world a better place.
- That it is far harder and more painful to do work alone, seek to collaborate with others to everyone’s benefit.
- Take jobs that do not cause purposeful harm to people, animals, culture or the environment.
- Befriend and network with people outside of your sector.
- Understand that there are multiple jobs or sectors you could thrive in. You don’t need to be scared of making the wrong job choice if you base your choice on your values, skills and ideal work culture. They can all be an adventure.
- Remember that similar to bodies, careers come in all shapes and sizes. You determine what size and shape best suits you.